- This event has passed.
Midwest Writers Winter One-Day Conference with Jane Friedman
February 26, 2022
In this workshop, you will:
- Uncover the principles and techniques for building a career and platform in a way that plays to your strengths, with special attention paid to lead generation (that is: finding readers).
- Learn the concepts of “content strategy” and “marketing funnel” and why these are important to determining how you will use email, social media, and your website.
- Understand how to use social media in a way that’s supportive of your goals and not a distraction (the big secret: focus).
- Find out why you should start building an email list today even if you think you have nothing to say
- Gain insight into the best practices of online writing (and/or blogging), especially headline writing, and how to get attention for what you write and post online.
- Explore opportunities to grow your readership through collaborations, partnerships, and influencers.
For writers who would like to be smarter and more efficient about their online presence—and see that activity pay off—this session will push you to connect the dots between all your efforts and get your digital ships sailing in the same direction.