- This event has passed.
Publishing in Color Online 2020
October 5, 2020 - October 10, 2020
Greetings! And welcome to the first ever Publishing in Color Online Conference! Publishing in Color has only one objective: increase the number of books published by spiritual writers of color. This includes groups such as African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx Americans, and Native Americans, who have been under-represented in terms of the number of published books. Unfortunately we’re not able to gather together in person, so we’re doing the next best thing – bringing many publishing industry experts online for you! Several acquisition editors and literary agents are participating, looking for new writers of color.
Connecting storytellers with editors and agents who can midwife them is the purpose of this conference. Bring your stories, learn about publishing, and meet many editors and agents who might help you take them to market. Not to mention a community of like-minded authors!
Is writing your calling? Listen to and speak with our caring and experienced group of authors and industry veterans. You deserve a chance!! #discernment
The conference will emphasize learning “how to get published”. Participating companies will be accepting book proposals.
The online conference takes place October 5-10, 2020, but don’t worry – attendees can enjoy session recordings for the following 3 months.
There are many opportunities where you can participate:
- Keynote presentations from Joyce Dinkins (Our Daily Bread Ministries) and Melva Henderson (author)
- Over 20 presentations from leading Christian publishing industry experts and authors
- 6 days of content, with no overlapping presentations, so you can easily see all of the speakers. – but don’t worry – attendees can enjoy session recordings for the following 3 months.
- Worship service
- Live group Q&A discussions with featured speakers (via Zoom) – an opportunity for you to ask the speakers questions
- 17 live book discussions with selected speakers (via Zoom) – an opportunity for you to learn more about our speakers’ books, to learn how they talk about their own books, and to ask them questions
- After you register for the conference you will have the opportunity to sign up for 1-on-1 virtual meetings with a variety of publishing industry experts and authors. (These meetings are $10 each; Separate registration required; Sign up is available after you register for the conference.) Learn more here.
- Open mic (via Zoom)
- Elevator pitch feedback (via Zoom)
- “Submit your pitch” program (by email)
- Writing resources delivered to your door
- Early access to the Beta release of the new AuthorConnect online networking platform for spiritual writers