CHRISTIAN AUTHOR RESOURCES: You want to publish a book. Now what?
An Aspiring Author’s Toolbox
- The ChristianBookProposals.com database service
- The ChristianBookProposals.com critique and edit services
- Writers’ conferences and groups
ChristianBookProposals.com database service
The ChristianBookProposals.com service was created at the request of the top Christian publishers looking for new voices. Most publishers are no longer able to review all the unsolicited manuscripts they receive daily, and they need an efficient way to review and acquire new author work. In addition to literary agents and writers’ conferences, ChristianBookProposals.com offers publishers a way to discover new authors whose work matches the needs and interests of their publishing programs.
ChristianBookProposals.com provides authors with the opportunity to submit their book proposals in a secure, online format that can be reviewed by multiple publishing houses. Editors from all sizes and types of Christian publishing houses use the service regularly.
The process of creating a book proposal is a disciplined and important effort for every author. After completing the ChristianBookProposals.com form, you will not only have a formal and professional book proposal that will be shared with the publishers reviewing our database, but you will have a proposal to share with literary agents or with publishers at writers’ conferences.
ChristianBookProposals.com Critique and Edit services
ChristianBookProposals.com also provides two additional services optional for authors to purchase. Many authors benefit from receiving extra help from publishing veterans to prepare a book proposal and a writing sample that stands out from the crowd. Two levels of critique and editing services are available that will help maximize the proposal’s effectiveness. For more information, visit the ChristianBookProposals.com rate page.
Writers Conferences and Groups
We encourage you as a new or experienced author to attend a Writers Conference and to find a community of other writers. Conferences help bring your writing to a new level and provide an opportunity for you to interact with publishing professionals and other writers. You may even have the opportunity to have your work critiqued.
- Christian Writers Institute
- The Rabbit Room
- Writing For Your Life
- Young Writers Workshop
- Publishing in Color
- Art of Writing
If you’re a writer, you must be a reader too. We encourage you to learn more about the Christian publishing industry by reading books and articles and blogs by those in the industry.
- Publishing’s Dark Side: How to Avoid Getting Scammed by Rob Eagar
- Why Is the Book Proposal So Important? by Steve Laube
- Should I Self-Publish? by Terry Whalin
- A Is for Agent – What does a Literary Agent do? by Steve Laube
- Jane’s Writing Advice by Jane Friedman
- Traditional or Self-Publishing? by Rachelle Gardner
- The Christian Communicator by Susan Titus Osborn
- 101 Best Websites for Authors Writer’s Digest (May/June 2020)
- Do You Need to Hire a Professional Editor? by Natalie Hanemann
- Christian Publishing 101 by Ann Byle
- Christian Writer’s Market Guide by Steve Laube
- Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White
- Sell Your Book Like Wildfire by Rob Eagar
- Book Proposals That Sell by Terry Whalin
- Write Better by Andy LePeau
- Write His Answer by Marlene Bagnull
- Pray Hear Write by Jevon Bolden